Butch Girls Can Fix Anything (romance)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Butch Girls Can Fix Anything (romance)

Post by PaulaO on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Butch Girls Can Fix Anything was released Jan. 2007. It won a Debut Author award from Golden Crown Literary Society in 2008.

I started writing the book with nothing in mind but the title. Lorna and I have a little song and dance (more of a single line and a wiggle) we do when we get something seemingly impossible done. So I took that thought and started writing it during the 2004 NaNoWriMo. I spent 2005 editing it (actually hired an editor), submitted it in Jan. 2006 and it was released a year later.

I'd already written another book but was not ready to submit it. I liked the other book far more and figured when BGCFA was rejected, it wouldn't hurt as much. Ha. Dammit, they bought it.

BGCFA is an easy read. Not too difficult, not too thought provoking. No one is perfect and no one is rich. Well, Kelly Walker does have money, but it's what she has earned and saved or invested. Kelly is the kind of friend all homeowners would love to have because, ya know, she can fix anything. There's been many times we've sighed and said "Dammit, I wish Walker was real."

Grace Owens is not rich at all. She puts all of her money into raising a kid, Lucy. Lucy is a mix of my niece and nephew in attitude. She's not really a trouble maker but you gotta keep your eye on her or she's going to do something just to see what happens. Anyway, Grace works hard, putting Lucy first. Falling in love with Kelly just sort of happens.

But Kelly has some issues she has to deal with. And Grace has to deal with an unwanted suitor then a new job.

Like I said, it's an easy, feel good kind of read.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to do so!

I have some award stickers left over so if you want one for your copy, let me know. Lorna works for the post office which means it takes forever for us to get anything mailed. :roll:

Last edited by PaulaO on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulaO
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Butch Girls Can Fix Anything (romance)

Post by Deej on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Plus it was a great story line. Woot! :lol:

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Butch Girls Can Fix Anything (romance)

Post by PaulaO on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 pm

LOL Well, yeah, that too.
PaulaO
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top