My Young Adult novels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Young Adult novels

Post by BassGuitarGirl on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 pm

When I first started writing, I tried my hand at Fantasy/Science Fiction, but those were short stories and a long time ago. And they were not very good. Fast forward years later. Growing ever-resentful of my marginalized status as a lesbian in this world, I had to find a voice or implode! I decided to write for young adults who may also feel as voiceless as I did.

I also hope that not-so-young adults enjoy my stories and perhaps think back fondly on their own "young adult" days.  Smile

Coming Out Stories: Many of my stories have phrases like Marlee's Story or Lisa's Story after the main part of the title. The "story" is basically the main teenage character's COMING OUT story. I want young people to have role models (even fictional ones) that they can model their own behavior after or that they can see having a relatively positive experiences with the whole "OMG, I'm gay" moment we all had.

I have had a blast writing these, and it gives my heart great joy when a fan writes to find out when the next book will be coming out (pardon the pun). I laugh because it reminds me how impatient kids are (remember those days? When you were in such a hurry to get on with life!?).

Anyway, I'm hoping that my books are helping the younger generation in some small way.  Very Happy

Young Adult Book Titles by Barbara L. Clanton

The Clarksonville Series
(1) "Out of Left Field: Marlee's Story      Book One in the Clarksonville Series"
(2) "Tools of Ignorance: Lisa's Story      Book Two in the Clarksonville Series"
(3) "Going, Going, Gone: Susie's Story    Book Three in the Clarksonville Series"
(4) "Stealing Second: Sam's Story         Book Four in the Clarksonville Series"
(5) "Out at Home"                               Book Five in the Clarksonville Series"  <-- Due out Summer/Fall 2014!

Stand-alones
(6) "Art for Art's Sake: Meredith's Story"
(7) "Quite an Undertaking: Devon's Story"

Last edited by BassGuitarGirl on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Book Information)
BassGuitarGirl
Getting the Hang of Things
Getting the Hang of Things

http://www.BLClanton.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Young Adult novels

Post by Deej on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:20 am

Hey Barb, can't wait for the new book, Congrats.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 am

Cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Excellent! Very Happy
Athena