Lesbian Fiction Press

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesbian Fiction Press

Post by Deej on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:03 am

For anyone who doesn't know, I've gone Indie and it's been an interesting journey.  One I'm really glad to have embarked on and yet it's so crazy at times, I will admit.

Ironically, the one thing that keeps most authors from going Indie was the most challenging and fulfilling for me. I so wanted my finished works to look good upon completion and be something I could be proud of. I'm sure you've all seen e-Books where the print is to the edge of the page and difficult to read, or the pages aren't properly aligned. I mean all formats, not just the hard copy, and making that happen is tricky. I spent months learning Adobe Acrobat, only to discover I was working with the new version, and my printer was using and demanded a version two updates older. Scared  Can you say, ouch? And even once I managed to find the older version, (not cheap by the way) it came with the wrong version of Distiller, again a requirement of my printer. Holy hell, Batman, what a nightmare. But finally and with great personal pride, I managed to meet all the requirements and to get both my books republished.  I was also very fortunate and thankful to have my cover designer, Lilien Hoffman's, help, and she worked long and hard to get the code right and to ensure that every e-format available looks like every other one, with proper margins, spacing and alignment. Well done Lily.

Both books have new content, new scenes, some major, some not but both have been re-edited with new cover art and I can honestly say there's nothing I would change at this point. Cheering Cheering Cheering 

There's so very much technical information involved in producing a beautiful and satisfying end product, some I had no idea about and others that I just knew I wanted to do differently. dance dance dance It's been a journey, and now I'm on to the next one, completing and preparing my next book, "Sisters".

Thanks for checking in.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Lesbian Fiction Press

Post by ElaineB on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Cool! Congrats. juhuu 

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top