Women's Week in Provincetown

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Women's Week in Provincetown

Post by ElaineB on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:06 am

Gulp! Yes. While I would hope to read from something new, more likely it will be something old, thought that is a relative term, as my WIP began before anything I've published. Sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Yayyyyyyyyy. Good on you Elaine, I can't wait. Woot!!!

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Good luck on your readings, ladies.OK 
Athena
Getting the Hang of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by Proofrdr on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, I'm glad you got that all sorted out! I much prefer hearing my favorite authors read for 10 minutes than 5. OK 

And, don't worry Athena, I'll take pictures of all of them.
Proofrdr
Unsullied Newbie
Unsullied Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacchi on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Proof, I think they got our slot filled after all, so we'll just have the five minutes each. The only extra space was on Thursday (before I can get there) the last time I looked at the schedule.
Sacchi
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 am

For those of you going to P-town for Women's Week, I'll be reading from my upcoming book Sisters. I can be found at:

Sage Inn, 336 Commercial Street

Thursday
12:40 PM to 1:10 PM – I'll be joining Dalia Craig, Liz Bradbury, and Karen Badger

Sage Inn, 336 Commercial Street

Friday
10:00 AM to 10:30 am – I'll be joining Sacchi Green, Sally Bellerose, D. Jackson Leigh and Elaine Burnes

Women Crafts, 376 Commercial Street

Friday
5:30 PM to 6:00 PM – I'll be signing books with Sacchi Green and Elaine Burnes

Come join us, you know you want too. OK 

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 am

Friday, you'll be signing books with Sacchi. I'll be in the corner making faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 am

Sacchi's bringing books so that you WILL BE signing books with us. dance 

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Let's try this here...

I'm chilling on my last night in P'town for Women's Week. Had a great time. I do not want to go back to work on Monday! Got to meet Lee Lynch, which was very exciting--thrilling, actually, since I really was just happy to get her to sign her book for me, but we ended up talking and she's amazing. Don't know why that should surprise me.

I did a reading and enjoyed hearing Deej read from her new book--can't wait to read the whole thing! And seeing Sacchi is always a treat. It's nice to get together. We need to find our way to Germany one of these days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 pm

P-town wrap up from a very grateful author. First let me thank a couple people or groups for their continued support, both financial and emotional. One such group is the Golden Crown Literary Society, represented by Mercedes Lewis who did a phenomenal job of hosting and emceeing the events. No author was required to pay for this event, donations are always appreciated, but GCLS picked up the entire tab and included water and light snacks at each reading and question session of which there were numerous ones including a meet and greet on Wednesday. If you're not a member already, you really are missing out on a wonderfully supportive group of women. I also want to mention that Lesfic Unbound, a Yahoo Group run by Lynn Pierce, who donated to this event and supported a number of the readings as did Pam Sloss. Pam can be found on FB and at GCLS and should be thanked as well, so to all of you, thank you for making this one of the best P-town events for this author. I also want to thank Womencrafts for supporting and allowing book signings in their store, if you're in P-town, stop by and buy something.

Now for the actual event. I was honored to attend readings by Lynn Ames, Sally Bellerose, Melissa Brayden, Laurie, Salzer, Rachel Spangler, and GCLS Trailblazer Maryann K. Martin. Another reading included RJ Samuel, my good friend, Kate McLachlan and Andrea Bramhall. All the readers rocked it and Melissa Brayden gets extra points for reading through the fire alarms. It was a test and started ten seconds after she started to read.

I personally got to meet a number of FB friends whom I had always wanted to know in person, but the highlight for me was meeting Finn, owned by Laurie Salzer and her wife Linda Scibilia. I also read at two of the GCLS sessions, the first on Thursday with Liz Bradbury, Dalia Craig and Karen Badger. All wonderful ladies and excellent readings. On Friday I was with three old (longtime) friends, Sacchi Green, Elaine Burnes, Sally Bellerose, and D. Jackson Leigh whom I had met just that morning. Later Friday evening we did book signings at Womencrafts.

One evening I had the honor of sitting next to Maryann K. Martin during dinner, what a delightful and nice woman. Also attending this meal was another GCLS Trailblazer, Lee Lynch and her beautiful wife Elaine Mulligan, along with Lynn Ames, Sally Bellerose, Laurie Salzer and her wife Linda Scibilia, MichelleKarlsberg and three of my good friends, Elaine Burnes, Athena K and Linda Lorenzo. For those who don't already know, Elaine Burnes edited my two books for re-publication and now because she's concentrating on her own writing, Linda Lorenzo was signed on for my third book, Sisters.

P-town is an experience to behold. I love meeting up with old friends, meeting new ones and finding new authors for my bookshelves.

Again thank you to all who participated and or made this all possible. Here's to next year. Woot!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 am

While I was in the midst of it, it felt overwhelming, but it really was a great time. I'm having trouble getting used to not seeing lesbians around every corner. It's kind of nice to be in the majority, to know the assumption is you are a lesbian unless otherwise noted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacchi on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm

I love going to Provincetown and seeing old friends, and wish I could stay longer during Womens' Week, but I won't really feel like I fit in until I've published novels, which might be never. Still fun to go and read, though.
Sacchi
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 am

At least you, (Elaine) get to see lesbians who are out in Mass, in PA, they all hide for fear of "BillyBob" and his trusty shotgun. Very Happy 

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am

Sacchi, I wouldn't have thought one had to publish novels to fit in there. You've got books with your name on them! I think it's hard for anyone who doesn't fit under the umbrella of that one big publisher to get noticed, which is why I love that GCLS has a presence. Indies and those with publishers who can't or won't provide any support get a venue. I think it will catch on a bit more each year, because I thought the readings and chats were excellent. And the Sage Inn is a great spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Sounds like you all have a great time. I hope one day Lily and I can come, too. OK 
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm

I hope you can, too! You'd love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 am

Elaine, can you imagine a Women's Week with Lily and Athena??? Unbelivable 

Admin