WTF!?? News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WTF!?? News

Post by Lilien on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm

A women goes to Dubai. Gets rapped by an drunk idiot. She gets 16 months in prison cause she had UNWILLING sex outside of marriage????!!! rant 

WTF?!!!! dash 

Dubai rape victim speaks out against her jail sentence for sex outside marriage

The case has drawn outrage in the West since the 24-year-old interior designer was sentenced Wednesday. It also highlights the frequent tensions between the United Arab Emirates' international atmosphere and its legal system, which is strongly influenced by Islamic traditions in a nation where foreign workers and visitors greatly outnumber locals.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A Norwegian woman sentenced to 16 months in jail in Dubai for having sex outside marriage after she reported an alleged rape said Friday she decided to speak out in hopes of drawing attention to the risks of outsiders misunderstanding the Islamic-influenced legal codes in this cosmopolitan city.

Marte Deborah Dalelv's case has drawn outrage from rights groups and others in the West since the 24-year-old interior designer was sentenced Wednesday. It also highlights the increasingly frequent tensions between the United Arab Emirates' international atmosphere and its legal system, which is strongly influenced by Islamic traditions in a nation where foreign workers and visitors greatly outnumber locals. The AP does not identity the names of alleged sexual assault victims, but Dalelv went public voluntarily to talk to the media.

"I have to spread the word. ... After my sentence we thought, 'How can it get worse?"'  Dalelv told The Associated Press in an interview at a Norwegian aid compound in Dubai where she is preparing her appeal scheduled for early September.

Dalelv, who worked for an interior design firm in Qatar since 2011, claims she was sexually assaulted by a co-worker in March while she was attending a business meeting in Dubai.

She said she fled to the hotel lobby and asked for the police to be called. The hotel staff asked if she was sure she wanted to involve the police, Dalelv said.

"Of course I want to call the police," she said. "That is the natural reaction where I am from."

WTF?? You have to explain to person that you have been raped and ASK twice to call police??? WTF??

And here comes the fucking Cherry on the Creme.

Her alleged attacker received a 13-month sentence for out-of-wedlock sex and alcohol consumption.

He is not punished for rape, he is punished for getting drunk and having sex and while doing it not being married. BUT EVEN THEN HE GOT FUCKING LESS MONTHS THAT SHE???

So even if you have sex with your boyfriend and you are not married you gonna get bigger sentence cause you are a woman? And if you get rapped you gonna end up in jail anyway, cause ... cause of what exactly???

This whole story really makes me pissed as hell. rant Outrages!

I read this news in other language, so I had to google up for english. Here you can read the whole story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/dubai-rape-victim-speaks-jail-sentence-article-1.1405161
Lilien

http://lilienhoffman.wix.com/graphicdesign

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF!?? News

Post by Deej on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:30 am

Of course the man is never, ever wrong, and it's his right to rape??? FFS

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Re: WTF!?? News

Post by ElaineB on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Thankfully, she's been pardoned and can leave the country.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top