Book Give-aways

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Book Give-aways

Post by Deej on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Hey Ladies check it out, free books -

Hoedown – Day 3

OH my land! Here we are at the Hoedown shakin’ like we got it. YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAA! Take a flight on the RAFFLECOPTER below, my friends, before the elves try to land that pup on the Sears Building again. Here are the cool things we’ve got going on today. To sign up, click the big ol’ RAFFLECOPTER button below.

I’m pretty sure we’ve managed to successfully hide all the fireworks from the elves. For reals, you’ll thank us later. Although I overheard talk of a kegger behind the barn later in the week. As long as we keep fireworks out of the hands of the elves, barn dancing is fine.

And now, check the offerings below! Then click on the big ol’ Rafflecopter button to play.

Author feature for the day:
A signed copy of Sometime Yesterday, by Yvonne Heidt

Yvonne Heidt’s first book, Sometime Yesterday, was a 2013 Lambda Literary Award finalist in lesbian romance and a 2013 Golden Crown Literary Award winner for best Paranormal Romance Smile and Debut Author finalist. She is also a bronze medal Rainbow Award winner for Debut Author. Yvonne was born a fourth-generation San Franciscan, but is currently living in Texas with her partner and their four dogs, where she channels her inner rock star on Friday nights. Writing is her passion and she considers herself blessed beyond measure that she and her muse get along so well.

To learn more about her, check out her website HERE. Or look her up on facebook HERE.
Signed copy of The Girls Club, by Sally Bellerose

Sally Bellerose’s writing has always involved themes of lesbian identity, sexuality, illness, and class. Whether she’s writing about her parents, her own parenting, growing up in the 60’s, nursing, love, friendship, whatever, the basic themes don’t seem to change. The more she writes the more interested she becomes in the messy, confusing, and complicated relationships of anger, humor, and transcendence.

Her awards include a Fellowship from The National Endowment for the Arts, The Barbara Deming Prize, and The Rick DeMarinis Award. Her novel, The Girls Club won the Bywater Prize and was published by Bywater Books in May 2011.

To learn more about her, check out her website HERE. Or look her up on facebook HERE.
Signed copy of Left Hand of Justice by Jess Faraday

Jess Faraday is the author of the Ira Adler series (including the Lambda-shortlisted Affair of the Porcelain Dog), the steampunk thriller The Left Hand of Justice, three book translations, a handful of short stories, and numerous nonfiction articles. She also moonlights as the mystery editor for Elm Books.

She is a graduate of the University of Arizona (B.A.) and UCLA (M.A.). Since then, she has earned her daily bread in a number of questionable ways, including translation, lexicography, copyediting, teaching high school Russian, and hawking shoes to the overprivileged offspring of Los Angeles-area B-listers.

She is currently at work on her third novel, Turnbull House, a mystery set in Victorian London.

Signed copy of No Corpse is an Island by Gato Timberlake

Gato Timberlake lives in a cottage in the woods in a small town in Western Massachusetts, but is originally from Maryland. She currently teaches a variety of writing styles in nonfiction and fiction at the college and university level. She has been an editor and professional writer, worked in various aspects of the publishing industry, owned a literary agency, and been a professional musician. She completed a JD in 2008, but believing that there are enough lawyers in Massachusetts already, can’t seem to get around to taking the bar exam there. She trail rides horses, writes, plays tenor sax in several bands, shoots trap and skeet, cooks, paints watercolors, canoes, kayaks, and snowshoes as often as possible.

She has a published short story in the Journal of Lesbian Fiction, When Baby Sharky Arrives. No Corpse is an Island will be her first published mystery. It features a lesbian Private Investigator and takes place on an island in the Chesapeake Bay. She is currently working on a sequel which will take place in Western Massachusetts, and on a mainstream novel that deals with law.

To learn more about her, check her out on facebook HERE.
Winner’s choice from Jericho, Sidecar, Aftermath, and Dust from Ann McMan, signed by the author

Ann McMan is the author of three novels, JERICHO, DUST, and AFTERMATH –and the story collection SIDECAR.

On Easter weekend, Ann married The Rainbow Reader, Reviewer Salem West, in a private service on the shores of Vermont’s Lake Champlain. Although they were married on Noah’s Ark, no exotic animals took part in the ceremony. They live quite happily in central North Carolina with their three dogs, two cats, and an exhaustive supply of vacuum cleaner bags.

In 2011, Ann, along with her novels JERICHO and DUST and her short story “I Saw Xena Kissing Senticles” were elected to The Royal Academy of Bards Hall of Fame. In 2012, she was awarded the Alice B. Lavender Certificate, SIDECAR won a Rainbow Award for Best Contemporary Lesbian Fiction, and JERICHO was ranked by the eZine, Autostraddle, at #69 on the 100 Best Lesbian Fiction and Memoir Books of All Time.

BACKCAST, further adventures of the CLIT-Con 13 (that zany cast of authors from SIDECAR’s “Bottle Rocket”) will be released in 2013.

To learn more about her, check out her website HERE. Or check her out on facebook HERE.

Hoedown

URL-http://lesbianauthors.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/hoedown-day-3/

Now get over there and sign up, you know you want too. Sign up every day if you like, do it.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Give-aways

Post by Sacchi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:05 pm

They don't seem to have posted a link today to the entire list of giveaway books, but my new antho Wild Girls, Wild Nights is on there.
Sacchi
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Give-aways

Post by Sacchi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm putting this in a separate post for easy removal. Yeah, I'm kind of ashamed to be doing this, but it seems to be pretty common these days. I'll send free copies of Wild Girls, Wild Nights: True Lesbian Sex Stories (Cleis Press) to up to four people who indicate some possibility of reviewing it, however briefly, on Amazon.com (or Goodreads, but Amazon would be best.) Print copy or Kindle or PDF file.
Sacchi
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top