Picasa Web

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Picasa Web

Post by Lilien on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:52 am

I was always a big fan of googles products including Picasa Web. But now  they decided to join Picasa with Google+.

When you try to access your photos, trough photos button in your toolbar, you get re-directed to the Google+ page, where they say you have to join Google+ in order to access your images.

I am not a big fan of the Google+, in that mater I am not really a big fan of any online social sites. A lot of Picasa users are quiet pissed about this transition. Which will slowly bring end to the Picasa, one of the best image sharing and storage applications.

There is one thing you can do for now and it's instead of using the photos button which will re-direct you to the Google+, you simply enter the URL of the Picasa Web which still brings you to your albums, I am just not sure for how long will this option live.

Down side of Picasa joining the Google+ is that you do not have ability to share your images to external sites, only on google plus. Also instead of having your images organizes in folders by date, you have this crazy clustered bunch of images.

I am sure some people find this good, people who do not use Picasa for their Work and people who are already big fan of FB or users of Google+.

In my opinion this is just a move to outtop the FB making all the users use only one account and all the services on one place.

Why did they had to do this??? Why????? I never wanted a Google+ and in order to access my pictures I will have to join it?? Shit!

Here is one article which goes into details about transition and under it you have quite of few comments where you can see just how much people hate this transition.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/05/picasa-web-albums-are-officially-dead-now-redirect-to-google-photos/
Lilien

http://lilienhoffman.wix.com/graphicdesign

Back to top Go down

Re: Picasa Web

Post by Deej on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 pm

I hate Google +. FFS  This sucks big time, good thing I don't use Picasa a lot.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Seems like your privacy is worth nothing anymore. Mad
Athena
Getting the Hang of Things
Getting the Hang of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Ooh, I have a couple of Picasa albums. I'd better check them out. Thanks for the warning. (I can't keep up with this stuff!)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top