Welcome Daydreamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome Daydreamer

Post by Deej on Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Please all Daydreamer to the forum. Look around, start a thread and stop by to tell us a bit about yourself.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer on Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi everyone! thanks for the nice welcome Deej! I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I've actually been lurking about for several days now and decided to take the plunge and register. I've had my finger on the register button a few times now and chickened out each time. Not because you didn't seem friendly and all, but mostly because I felt I might be way over my skis here. The talent level is a bit daunting! When it comes to art I suck, when it comes to writing I'm a hack. Never been published or anything, never even really tried too, but aside from that bit it seems everyone is sincere and friendly to each other here, which is what I've been looking for. I belong to a couple other forums and one is dead, the other is not but they are less than sociable with "noobs," of which I still am so no one talks to me, lol. I noticed this forum hasn't been around for 8 years so that was a plus in my book. I feel like I'm getting in the the ground floor of something this way, lol.

Ok about me: This is where I usually chicken out and say practically nothing. I haven't decided on my age yet. It's either 22 or 52. I can be both and neither, depending on what is needed atm. I'm a university student, of that I am sure. I also work part time at a research library. I live in the great NW, USA. I'm into quite a lot of stuff, both hobbies and addictions. I'll save all that for another time though. I'm a lesbian with a whisper of bisexuality, (My little finger disagrees with my hand sorta thing.) and I'm currently single, though not actively looking, which I suspect is why I am currently single.

OK

Daydreamer
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilien on Sat May 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey Daydreamer, we are very glad to have you with us. Please feel free to look around and join us in discussions or open the new ones. The ladies here are very friendly and nice, I am honored to call them my friends, and some of them my wife. (By some of them I am mean ONE and only! laugh ) They don't bite, except if you ask them very nicely. whistle

Cheering Cheering WELCOME!!! Cheering Cheering
Lilien

http://lilienhoffman.wix.com/graphicdesign

Back to top Go down

Post by Deej on Sat May 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey Daydreamer when you feel comfortable and brave, why not put a piece of yours into the critique area. As Lily said we dont bite and will give sokme friendly advice and comments on what works and what doesnt. I was very lucky once and another group helped me, most of te women are part of the old group, so I know theyll be kind and helpful. Welcome and please join in when youre ready.

Admin
Admin

http://www.dejaynovl.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer on Sat May 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks guys! I'll definitely join in and try not to tick anyone off! whistle

Daydreamer
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sun May 26, 2013 7:55 am

Lilien wrote: (By some of them I am mean ONE and only! )
You are really something...

Hey there Daydreamer. It's great to meet you. welcome

Daydreamer wrote: Ok about me: This is where I usually chicken out and say practically nothing. I haven't decided on my age yet. It's either 22 or 52.
Well, we have several members who celebrate their 25th birthday for several years now, so you fit right in... laugh
Athena
Getting the Hang of Things
Getting the Hang of Things

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Sun May 26, 2013 8:43 am

Some days we all feel like Lily's wife. facepalm

Hi Daydreamer! With that name, you'll fit in well here. laugh

"way over my skis" I like that! Not that I think you are. Hardly. It's just a cool phrase. (I may steal it.)

If you are interested in writing, we're happy to talk craft and share our experiences. But being a writer is in no way a requirement here. Readers are very important. Without them, writers would be nowhere.

This is a playground. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daydreamer on Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 pm

ElaineB wrote:Some days we all feel like Lily's wife. facepalm

lol...oh dear...

and feel free to steal whatever phrase you want. That one isn't mine, I've stolen it as well.

Daydreamer
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen Perrine on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:18 pm

A belated welcome, Daydreamer! welcome

I hear you on the single thing. I'm not really, but sort of sometimes looking. I call it RPW (Rip Van Winkle) dating. laugh
Doreen Perrine
Unsullied Newbie
Unsullied Newbie

http://doreenperrine.tripod.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaineB on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 am

laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacchi on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Welcome, Daydreamer. Some of us just keep slogging along on snowshoes.
Sacchi
Part-time Poster
Part-time Poster

http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum